Sunday, October 28, 2012

Recount Text




RECOUNT TEXT
Definition of Recount Text

Literally, recount means "telling". So recount text can be interpreted as "Text that tells". When referring to the information in the school textbooks recount text is a text that telling the reader about one story, action or activity. Its goal is to entertaining or informing the reader.

Generic Structure of Recount Text
Generic structure (general arrangement) recount text consists of:
     * Orientation Tells who was INVOLVED, what happened, where the events took place, and when it happened. ("Orientation" to tell anyone who is involved in the story, what happened, where the event occurred, and when the event occurs)
     * Events tell what happened and in what sequence. ("Event" to tell what happened (again) and tells the story sequence)
     * Reorientation consists of optional-closure of events / ending. ("Reorientation" contains a cover story / end of story)

Example Recount Text (1)

My Adolescence
I've had my Adolescence when I was thirteen.

It started with acne that showed up on my face. It was very annoying. It lowered my self-esteem and I was embarrassed to come out of my house and play with friends.
Fortunately, my Mum gave me a good medicine. In three weeks, the acnes started to Vanish although those Showed some black spots in my face.

That was my bad experience with Adolescence, though there were still lots of good experience too.

Analysis:
Orientation: The first paragraph, (I had my Adolescence when I was thirteen)
Events: the second and third paragraphs.
Reorientation: Paragraphs fourth (last)


No comments:

Post a Comment